Parking in Your Neighborhood
Driveway access - Park at least 5 ft. from the end of the curb cut radius. Do not block driveway or block access to and from a driveway. Fine $30. RCW 46.61.570(1)(b)(i).
Crosswalks - Park at least 20 ft. from a crosswalk, marked or unmarked. Fine $30. RCW 46.41.570(1)(b)(iii).
No Parking Signs - Do not park in an area with a ‘No Parking’ sign. These areas are zoned for your safety and for the safety of pedestrians and other drivers. Fine $30. RCW 46.61.570(1)(c)(ii).
Stop Signs - Do not park within 30 ft. of a stop sign. Fine $30.
Parallel parking - Do not park facing traffic, park with the flow of traffic. Fine $25. RCW 46.61.575(1)(2).
Do not obstruct traffic by parking in a bicycle lane, an alley or in any lane of traffic. Fine $30. VMC 19.12.090.
Sidewalk or Planting Strip - Do not block or park on a sidewalk or planting strip. Fine $30. RCW 46.61.570(1)(a)(ii).
Fire Hydrant - Do not park within 15 ft. of a fire hydrant. Fine $30. RCW 46.61.570(1)(b)(ii).
Do not park a vehicle ‘for sale’ on the street. WAC 308.330.436 (1)(b).
Do not repair a vehicle on the street unless it is an emergency. Fine $25. WAC 308.330.436 (2).
Intersections - Do not park within an intersection. Fine $30. RCW 46.61.570(1)(a)(iii).
The City of Vancouver Parking Program is committed to working with the community to address all parking issues.
To report parking violations: Submit a complaint using the electronic complaint form above or by calling the Parking Complaint Hotline at (360) 487-8653. When submitting a complaint electronically, please limit the complaint to one vehicle per form.
Leave a detailed description of the parking issue including:
- The exact location of the parking issue.
- The usual time of day you notice the parking problem.
- A description of the vehicle, including the license plate information.
Your concern will be assigned, tracked, logged, investigated and appropriate action will be taken. For immediate confirmation submit the complaint electronically. For emergencies after 5 pm weekdays and all weekends, call 911.
To verify that you are in the City limits Click the link below:
No vehicle shall remain parked on a highway longer than 24 hours. Vehicles parked longer than 24 hours may be issued a parking citation. Fine $25. VMC 19.12.100
All vehicles including semi-tractor trailers, in the public right-of-way must be driven regularly and must be in an operable condition with current tags or the vehicle may be subject to tow. RCW 46.55.085
To report an unauthorized vehicle electronically submit a complaint using the complaint form or call the Parking Complaint Hotline at (360) 487-865. When submitting a complaint electronically, please limit the complaint to one vehicle per form.
Trailer and Truck Parking
Trailer coaches, semi-trailers, boat trailers, utility trailers and motor homes cannot park on residential streets in areas zoned residential and are subject to a parking ticket or may be towed. VMC 19.12.080
Trucks with a gross weight capacity in excess of nine thousand pounds cannot park on residential streets in areas zoned residential.
To report improper truck and/or trailer parking: Electronically submit a Parking Complaint Form or call the Parking Complaint Hotline at (360) 487-8653. For emergencies after 5 pm weekdays and all weekends, call 911.
Recreational Vehicle Parking
- Recreational vehicles may only be parked on a city street, in a residential area, for a reasonable amount of time for the purpose of loading and unloading only.
- Permits are free and are available from Code Compliance by downloading this Recreational Vehicle Parking application and returning the completed form to:
City of Vancouver
P.O. Box 1995
Vancouver, WA 98668
Camping in any vehicle parked on the street is not allowed except by permit. (VMC 8.22). To report RV parking without a permit electronically submit a complaint form or call the parking complaint hotline at (360) 487-8653.
To report a person/persons living in a vehicle on a city street: Call 911.
Misdemeanor – VMC 8.22.060.
Fire Department Emergency Requirements
- The required width of a fire department access road cannot be obstructed in any manner, including parking of vehicles (even temporary). International Fire Code 503.4.
- Fire department access roads (fire lanes) shall be identified by a curb and/or a street sign marked with red paint and white lettering stating “Fire Lane - No Parking.” International Fire Code 503.3.
Fire Protection Equipment and Fire Hydrants
- Fire hydrants and fire protection equipment shall not be obstructed in any manner including parking of vehicles (even temporary). Provide a minimum of (3) three feet clear space around the circumference of fire hydrants. RCW 46.61.570Tand WAC 132N-156-550.
To report a required fire department parking and/or access violation: Call the Vancouver Fire Marshal’s Office at (360) 487-7260. Please visit www.vanfire.org for more information.