Councilmember Alishia Topper
E-mail Alishia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Council Seat 2
Current term: 2014 through 2017
Alishia Topper was elected to Council in November 2013 and took her oath of office December 31, 2013. Alishia is the Family Community Resource Center's Director of Strategic Partnerships for Vancouver Public Schools and is a native of the Pacific-Northwest. She attended Battle Ground High School where she earned an athletic scholarship to attend and compete for WSU-Pullman. She graduated with degrees in Psychology and Foreign Languages and Literatures and holds a Master of Public Administration from PSU.
Among selected achievements, Alishia was named a 2000 NCAA Division I All-American in Track and Field for her marks in the 800-meters and competed in the 2000 Olympic Trials. Professionally, Alishia was named by the Vancouver Business Journal as a 2011 Accomplished and Under 40, was a nominee for Washington State University – Vancouver’s 2013 Women of Distinction, and recognized by the Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce as one of Clark County's Most Interesting People of 2014.
- Council for the Homeless
- Southwest Washington Clean Air Agency
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
- Regional Disaster Preparedness Organization Policy Committee (alternate representative)
- Vancouver Firemen's Pension Board (alternate representative)
- Columbia Credit Union Board of Directors
- Vancouver Downtown Association
- Vancouver USA Regional Sports Commission
- Columbia Springs Environmental Education Center