Lift weights, work out your cardiovascular system, take a group exercise class in the Aerobics/Dance studio, walk laps around the indoor track, meet with a Personal Trainer or visit our Massage Therapist.
Read this month's Fit Talk for some fitness inspiration!
Group Exercise Classes
Join us for 50+ classes per week including Boot Camp, Barre, Zumba, Yoga, Tai Chi, Kickboxing and much more available on a drop-in basis in our Aerobics and Dance Studio! The studio features sprung maple floors to cushion your joints, tall windows to let in natural light and ballet bars and mirrors.
Senior Fitness at Firstenburg
We offer over 30 SilverSneakers® and Silver&Fit® classes for all ability levels. The SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is offered in partnership with select health plans at no additional cost for Medicare-eligible members. The Silver&Fit® Fitness Program is designed specifically for Medicare beneficiaries and includes a membership at our facility.
For more information please call our Senior Fitness Advisor, Tammy Jones, at 360-487-7038.
Our Certified Personal Trainers will motivate you to improve your overall health and maximize your fitness level. We offer on-on-one instruction that will meet or exceed your exercise goals.
*You must cancel any Personal Training appointment at least 24 hours in advance or you will lose credit for that session. Appointments start on time and expire one year from date of purchase. Sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We are currently offering Pre-Ballet, Beginning Jazz, Ballet I, Ballet II and Zumba for kids. Adults can take Rising Phoenix Yoga Therapy, Beginning and Intermediate Belly, Line, Scottish Highland and Swing dance classes.
Kathy Miller, a licensed massage therapist practices out of Firstenburg Community Center at select times Monday - Thursday.
Working out with your child in tow? Take advantage of our Child Watch program. Please keep in mind that this program applies to Firstenburg Community Center passholders only. We also require that parents must remain inside Firstenburg Community Center at all times while utilizing Child Watch.
+ Fitness Center Age Requirements
- Ages 13+ may use the fitness center and take classes on their own.
- Ages 11-12 are allowed in the fitness center after showing a medical release, proof of age and completing a Junior Orientation Session. Contact the front desk for details. We reserve the right to take this privilege away from individuals who are disturbing other participants or who are not abiding by our fitness center rules.
- Ages 10+ may use the track on their own and participate in group exercise classes with an adult. They may also use cardio machines in the fitness center with an adult after presenting a doctor’s note with approval for exercise and proof of age. Approval from the Fitness Coordinator is also required.
- Contact Heidi Marshall at 360-487-7091
- Please allow 2-3 business days for approval.
- Children nine and under are NOT allowed to use equipment in the fitness center but may enjoy the indoor track with adult supervision. Children in a carrier or stroller must be within arm's reach of their parent or guardian at all times. Appropriate attire must be worn.
+ Fitness Center Amenities
- 7,000+ pounds of free weights in the 3,400 square foot Nautilus Fitness Center
- Wheelchair-accessible arm ergometer and wheelchair-accessible recumbent stepper
- 20 Schwinn Cycle Bikes
- Nautilus Nitro Plus weight machines, benches and plate-loaded weight machines
- 6 flat-screen TVs with personal sound receivers
- Commercial-free digital music to help the time go by more quickly while you workout
- Indoor walking track overlooking the gymnasium and rock climbing wall (wheelchair and stroller accessible)
- 13 laps = 1 mile. Check out a clicker at the fitness desk to record your laps.
+ Group Exercise Policies
- Please be on time to class. No entry five minutes after class starts for safety and disruption concerns.
- Check in at the fitness desk before entering the aerobics/dance studio for class. Passholders must scan in. All others must check in with staff at the fitness desk.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes must be worn at all times (unless told otherwise by an instructor). We recommend shoes that have not been worn outdoors.
- No perfume, cologne or other strong smelling scents.
- Wipe off your equipment after use with a cleaning solution and a paper towel.
- Please let your instructor know if you are just beginning an exercise program OR if you have any injuries or medical conditions that may impact your ability to participate fully.
- The aerobics/dance studio may not be used outside of class or program times. Use of this room must always be under the supervision of a group fitness instructor.
- Hand held weights or ankle/wrist weights are NOT allowed during the warm up or cardiovascular portion of a group exercise class.
- NO rubberized suits.
- NO more than two risers per side of a step bench.
Maybe you've lost weight, added strength or learned a new activity since you've been coming to Firstenburg. Your story will be an inspiration to others to get healthy and get moving.
Fitness at Marshall Community Center