Our mission is meeting community needs by providing an interconnected system of parks, trails, recreation facilities and activities, and natural areas that support environmental stewardship and diverse recreational programs and opportunities.
Together, this vision will guide us in creating a premier park system that improves quality of life in our community.
- Provide a balanced, comprehensive and interconnected system of parks, trails and natural areas.
- Provide diverse recreational opportunities for all residents.
- Be effective stewards of the land.
- Maintain and enhance existing parks and recreation facilities.
- Create a dynamic and effective organization.
- Acquire adequate funding to meet these needs.
- Building strong partnerships in the community.
- Reflect the community we serve.
More information on the City of Vancouver Parks & Recreation department's guiding principles can be found in the 2014 Vancouver Comprehensive Parks, Recreation and Natural Areas Plan.