Access to Recreation
Recreational activities provide the opportunity for people of all abilities and backgrounds to meet and share time with each other in ways that encourage friendship to take root and flourish.
The Access to Recreation program, as well as the other Parks and Recreation Department activities and programs, enable people to establish ongoing friendships through discovering common interests.
- For information on activities and events for people with disabilities, call 360-487-7058.
- Medications reminders must be given to staff prior to departure on outings.
- Families may use their respite money to pay for classes. If an activity is canceled and respite was used to pay for it, we will issue credit to be applied to other activities.
- Prior notice is needed if a participant displays challenging behaviors.
- Participants must register for activities within their age category.
Inclusion Means Everybody Plays!
Vancouver Parks and Recreation invites people of all ages with disabilities to fully participate in any of the exciting programs offered throughout this recreation catalog. Call 487-7057 for more information or to plan your recreation experiences.
- Register for the program of your choice
- Complete the Inclusion Intake Form (Must be completed once a year)
- Notify the Inclusion office of the program you registered for each time you do a new registration. Accommodation requests must be made 15 working days prior to the start of the program.
After your program is completed please let us know how your experience was by completing an Evaluation Form
To use your own caregiver, please fill out the application forms below.
Please see the documents below for specific policies relating to inclusion.
For Volunteer Opportunities please visit the Volunteer website.
Print a scholarship application or pick one up at: