Volunteer Ambassadors for City Events support numerous events throughout the year to provide fun and informative activities for families, kids, and visitors. Hosted in our community centers and parks, each one varies in type but prove to be fun, community building activities. Examples of past events include: Summer Concert Series, Movies in the Park, and National Get Outdoors Day.
Duties & Responsibilities (varies per event):
- Welcome, register and sign in participants
- Set up and take down of tables,tents and other materials
- Remove litter and trash and general clean up
- Provide information to the public
- Provide your own transportation to event site
- Track how many hours you spend volunteering
- Able to follow directions
- Initiative to work independently
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Interact and communicate with the public in a professional, positive manner
- Able to work outside in a variety of conditions such as heat, cold, or rain
- Able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms, legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, and handling of materials--repetitive motion of bending and stooping
- Suitable appearance should be a positive reflection of the organization
Minimum age: Volunteers should be 16+ years old. If you are under the age of 18 you will need to bring a signed Minor Consent Form.
Application required: Yes. Fill out the Volunteer Ambassadors for City Events application.
Background check required: Yes.
Time Commitment: Three special events per year.
Experience required: None required
For more information:
Contact Hailey Heath, email@example.com or 360-487-8344.