Public Safety Testing
Vancouver has contracted with PublicSafetyTesting.com to conduct a portion of our entry-level recruitment and testing for police officer positions.
Interested candidates should go to their website below or telephone toll-free at 1-866-HIRE-911.
Once at the website:
- Applicants will be able to apply online with this agency (applicants do not need to fill out the city's application form at this time).
- Applicants will also be able to apply with other agencies using PublicSafetyTesting.com.
- Applicants will learn information about each agency, such as department and community information, salary, benefits, number of vacancies, special requirements, and more.
- Applicants will be able to access information on testing procedures.
- Applicants will be able to choose a testing date, time, and location most convenient for them. Tests will be offered monthly at various locations around the state. Tests are not conducted online.
Scores for applicants that pass both the written and physical agility tests will be sent to the City of Vancouver and any other agency the applicant has applied with. The Vancouver Civil Service Commission will then further process the applicants. This may include inviting candidates to an oral board and/or other tests.
Successful applicants will then be placed on an eligibility list. The eligibility list is a continuous list. The list itself never expires, however names can be removed. If the City of Vancouver or any other agency hires a candidate, that name is removed from other eligibility lists through PublicSafetyTesting.com.
Please direct any questions you may have to Megan Mairs (360) 487-8402..