Working together for a stronger Vancouver
- Our community is strengthened by individuals who act on their commitment to help others,
- Volunteering improves citizens’ accessibility to government,
- Service is an effective strategy for solving problems,
- Opportunities for all, young to elderly, fosters a sense of community where everyone is valued and welcomed,
- Volunteers strengthen our community, increase government effectiveness and create benefits for citizens, including being more informed, engaged, and feeling valued and appreciated.
Upcoming volunteer events/opportunities:
January 24 - Project YOUTH
3rd Saturday of most months - Heritage Adopt-A-Park work party
2nd Saturday of most months - Hearthwood Adopt-A-Park work party
4th Saturday of most months - LeRoy Haagen park work party
Thursdays throughout the month - #VancouverVolunTEEN - will start again in spring 2015
or a complete list of upcoming volunteer events visit the Volunteer Opportunity calendar.
City of Vancouver Volunteer websites:
- Police Department
- Fire Department
- Parks and Recreation
- Urban Forestry
- Water Resources Education Center
- Water Resources Protection
- Boards and Commissions
- Speed Monitor Awareness Team (SMART)
Don't see something for you? Click here to see a list of other local organizations that offer volunteer opportunities.
Apply as a volunteer today!
If you know which volunteer opportunity best fits you and you are ready to make the commitment, please complete the online volunteer application. We receive many volunteer applications each week and make every attempt to contact you within two weeks of your application. If you have questions about the status of your application please phone 360.487.8316.
Need more information?
Not quite sure which opportunity fits you best? Please complete the volunteer inquiry form and we will send you a detailed email with current volunteer opportunities that match your interests and skills. Volunteers may be asked to complete a full volunteer application once they have been accepted into a volunteer program.
Visit the Volunteer Information Center to sign up for volunteer opportunities and log service hours.
Common Volunteer project forms:
Read our newsletter:
Volunteer success stories!
In 2013, volunteers throughout the City spent nearly 56,000 hours to help foster a healthy and vibrant community. The service of these nearly 5,200 volunteers was equivalent to a donation of $1,240,000.
The community of Vancouver is stronger, smarter, cleaner and safer due to the hard work of engaged and involved volunteers. Click here to read the entire 2013 Volunteer Report.