General Info about Billing & Rates
Additional information about how your water, sewer and stormwater/drainage services are measured and billed:
- Water: For most residential customers, water meters are read and bills are mailed bi-monthly. Water bills are based on your water usage, measured in cubic feet.
- Sewer Service: Sewer charges for a single-family or multi-family residential customer is based up that customer's water usage, either in the previous November/January billing period or in the previous December/February billing period. Effective Jan. 1, 2009, there is a minimum sewer base rate of 3 CCF per month or 6 CCF over two months since residential billing is every-other-month. (1 CCF = 100 cubic feet or 748 gallons).
- Stormwater Drainage/Surface Water Management: Because all real property in the City contributes drainage runoff to and/or benefits from the City’s surface water drainage system, charges are applied based on the cost of providing drainage service within the City.
Special note for Tenants: If you are a renter, the property owner/landlord may be billed instead of you. You should confirm your specific arrangements with your landlord to avoid issues of late fees and service termination.
Commercial, Industrial and Government
Commercial, industrial and government customers generally have more diverse requirements and usage patterns for water, sewer and storm or surface water management services. For questions specific to your account, please contact a Utilities Services customer representative at 360-487-7999.
- Water: For most commercial customers, water meters are typically read and bills are mailed monthly, though there may be some exceptions.
- Sewer: Commercial, industrial and government customers pay a monthly user charge per hundred cubic feet (CCF).
- Stormwater Drainage/Surface Water Management: Accounts for multi-family residential, commercial and industrial real properties are based on impervious surface and are billed monthly or bimonthly, depending upon your utilities billing cycle.