The Water Center offers a variety of educational programs for teachers and students. Classroom teachers may choose two age-appropriate activities from our School Visit Options, listed below and further explained in the Water Center's Educational Programs brochure.
Available Hours and Days
9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday, by schedule
- Kindergarten through Grade 3: Up to 1 1/2 hours
- Grades 4-12: Up to 2 hours
- Kindergarten through Grade 8: 60 students or maximum of 2 classes
- Grades 9-12: 30 students or 1 class
- Kindergarten to Grade 5: 1 adult per 5 students
- Grade 6-8: 1 adult to 10 students
- Grade 9-12: 1 adult to 15 students
School Visit Options:
- Exhibit Hall Tour
- Theater with Evaluation Activity
- Classroom Hands-On Activities: Plants and Water
- Nature/Wetlands Tour
- Water Reclamation Facility Tour (Grades 4-12)
- Water Science Laboratory/Water Quality Activities (Grades 9-12)
- Lewis and Clark Exploration (Grade 4 Only)
- Note: Additional options available for Partnerships in Elementary Science Education (PESE)
Cancelation and Confirmation policies apply.
For more information about the options or to inquire about or schedule a School Visit, please contact the Water Center's Educator by phone at 360-487-7111 or by e-mail at email@example.com.