Water Center Internships
Both paid and unpaid internships are available at the Water Center.
Students looking for an internship to fulfill a biology, education or public relations requirement may apply to the Water Center for an internship position.
In addition, the Water Center offers three part-time educator Internships. For both of these programs, candidates must currently be enrolled in school.
While working at the Water Center, interns may:
- Lead groups with hands-on activities
- Demonstrate water-related activities
- Greet visitors, tour the Water Center, present background information or start videos in the theater
- Maintain the aquaria, 350-gallon aquarium in the lab, 55-gallon aquarium in the Atrium and all other aquaria at the Water Center
- Clean and organize lab equipment
- Assist with wetlands restoration projects and removal of invasive species
- Work with volunteers in various capacities
- Cover the reception area as needed, including answering phones and answering visitor questions
- Work as part of the Water Center team
To apply for an internship at the Water Center, please submit a completed City of Vancouver application form, a cover letter describing why you are interested in this position, and a copy of your transcript. Click here for more details: www.cityofvancouver.us/jobs
For additional information, contact Bev Walker, Water Center Educator, at 360-487-7114.