Water Use Efficiency
In the state of Washington, municipal water suppliers must meet Water Use Efficiency (WUE) requirements found in WAC 246-290. Under these requirements, municipal water suppliers must:
- Publicly establish water savings goals for their customers.
- Evaluate or implement specific water saving measures to achieve customer-based goals.
- Develop a WUE program to support the established goals and obtain approval of the goals by the water system's governing body every six years..
- Achieve a standard three-year average distribution system leakage of no more than 10 percent.
- Report annually on progress towards achieving these goals.
The City of Vancouver's 2015 Water Use Efficiency Program can be viewed by clicking on the link below.