News Advisory: Southwest Washington agencies hosting winter weather preparedness event Thursday morning
December 6, 2023
Agencies in southwest Washington are hosting a news conference at 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 7 at the City of Vancouver’s Operations Center located at 4711 East 4th Plain Blvd. Representatives from the Washington State Department of Transportation, Clark County, City of Vancouver, and C-TRAN will discuss each agency’s role in helping travelers move safely during various winter weather conditions. The American Red Cross will be on hand to provide essential readiness guidance, including suggestions for what to keep in your vehicle’s emergency kit.
- When: 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 7
- Where: City of Vancouver Operations Center, 4711 East 4th Plain Blvd. Media agency vehicles will be allowed in the yard, please follow staff instructions on where to park. The event will be held outdoors, regardless of the weather – please dress accordingly.
- Audio and Visuals: An array of preparedness and snow removal equipment, road treatment tools and an example of a vehicle emergency kit. A mult box will be available for clean audio.
- Speakers: WSDOT – Trisha Cummins, Maintenance Supervisor, Clark County – Josh Lipscomb, Roads Maintenance Division Manager, City of Vancouver – Ryan Lopossa, Transportation Division Manager, C-TRAN – Eric Florip, Manager of Communications and Marketing and John Orsetti Manager of Fleet Maintenance, and American Red Cross – Dawn Johnson, Regional Communications Manager
- RSVP: While not required, due to limited parking availability, informing us in advance if you plan to park a van in the yard would be appreciated. Please contact Laura Shepard to RSVP.
Contact: Laura Shepard, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org