Claims for Damages

If you intend to file a claim for damages against the City of Vancouver, you must complete the claim form available at the link below and submit it to either the Citizen Liaison in the City Manager's Office or the Administrative Assistant to the City Manager.

Instructions for submitting your claim can be found on the last page of the claim form.

You also have the option instead of completing the standard tort claim form from the Washington State Department of Enterprise Services, which may be found at this link: Please note that if this form is used, it must still be delivered to the appropriate City agent as described above.

Claims must be filed within the appropriate statute of limitations, which is governed by Washington law. The City cannot provide you with legal advice as to those timelines.