Water Resources Education Center
Located on the banks of the Columbia River, Vancouver’s Water Center is a fun place to learn about water and nature through a variety of educational, hands-on activities.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Admission is free (Closed Saturday and Sunday; call for holiday schedule)
The Water Center helps visitors foster and explore learning for our community’s healthy water systems. Visit the Water Center or stay connected with us through our monthly newsletter, Facebook and Instagram.
The Water Center provides onsite school field trips for K-8 students, leads the regional Student Watershed Monitoring Network and hosts community nature walks.
- Field Trips
- Student Watershed Monitoring Network
- Reading in the Wild
- Water and Nature Resources: Learn more about salmon, watch educational videos and read about our natural environment in past newsletter articles.
Community Programs and Volunteer Opportunities
Vancouver’s Water Center offers a variety of free nature programs and volunteer opportunities. Advance registration is required for all programs and volunteer events.
- Community Nature Programs: The Water Center offers nature programs free of charge to our community. From birds to bats, animal tracks and native plants, the land and water around the Water Center sets the stage for you to dive deeper into the natural world. RSVP required for all programs; space is limited. Check out the participate tab below for details.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Dedicated volunteers help keep the Water Center’s abundant gardens and sandy beaches looking clean and beautiful. Many more projects are in need of volunteers – let us know if you are interested! Check out the participate tab below for details.
- Service Learning
- Stormwater Drain Medallion Program
The City of Vancouver operates and maintains three water utilities that keep our drinking water flowing, treats and cleans our used water (wastewater) before it goes to the Columbia River and works to protect local waterways from pollution through stormwater management programs.
We all play a part in keeping our natural and built water systems clean, healthy and functioning properly. Learn more about Vancouver’s water utilities and what you can do to help.