Vancouver’s Urban Forestry Program aims to maximize the environmental, social, and economic benefits that trees provide to city residents and visitors.
We focus on preserving, managing, and enhancing existing trees and other vegetation while also promoting the reforestation of the urban area. Through proper permitting, active tree management, and community outreach and programming, we strive to make Vancouver a greener city one tree at a time.
- Yard Tree Giveaway Program
- Tree Permits and Regulation Information
- Urban Forestry Commission
- Heritage Trees
- Witness Tree Program
- Community Engagement and Events
- Old Apple Tree Festival
- Silva Bolds-Whitfield Urban Forestry Award