Boards and Commissions
The Mayor and City Council appoint individuals to 26 different committees, councils and commissions. Members of these bodies offer recommendations, provide advice and feedback on issues including land use, parking, parks and recreation, transportation, housing, and other issues facing Vancouver and the greater region.
Each individual board and commission is tasked with one or more purpose (regulatory, policy-making or advisory).
The City advertises all vacancies using news releases, social media and other outreach methods. Each vacancy has a 30-day filing period. If you are interested in a specific board or commission, you can reach out to the board’s contact person listed in the respective listing.
- Building and Fire Code Commission. Deadline: Nov. 30
- City Center Redevelopment Authority. Deadline: Dec. 4
- Lodging Tax Advisory Committee. Deadline: Dec. 4
- Parking Advisory Committee. Deadline: Dec. 18.
- City/County Telecommunications Commission. Deadline: Dec. 27.
- Clark County Mosquito Control Board. Deadline: Dec. 27.
- Fort Vancouver Regional Library District Board of Trustees. Deadline: Dec. 27.
Apply to serve
In appointing members, the City Council strives to bring a balance of diversity of perspective and experience. The City is committed to promoting diversity in the city’s boards and commissions. Women, persons with disabilities, sexual and gender minorities, young persons, senior citizens, and persons of color are encouraged to apply.