Report a Concern
We encourage you to report concerns that may need to be fixed or addressed by the City. There are many ways you can report issues in the community.
Use your phone to easily report issues using the MyVancouver mobile app. You can report common concerns and access other information such as:
- Report non-emergency issues, such as potholes, graffiti, sign damage or streetlight outages
- Access online City services, such as paying for parking ticket, permit payments.
- Access information, including street sweeping schedules, events calendar and job listings.
- Locate local parks, hospitals, community centers and more.
- View and track the status of a request or view other reported issues different parts of the city.
You can also report issues using the code, parking, police employee and traffic concern tabs. We’re always glad help, but not all concerns and issues are managed by the City. Even with a Vancouver mailing address, you may not live inside the city limits. Use the Do I Live in Vancouver map to find out if your issue can be solved by the City.
I want to get more information
- Non-urgent Public Works issues, 360-487-8177
- Vancouver Police Department traffic hotline, 360-487-7402
- Code compliance (junk vehicles, overgrown vegetation), 360-487-7810
- Public parking issues (improperly parked vehicle on a City street). For downtown parking in the Esther Short, Arnada or Hough neighborhoods or in any City parking garage, call 360-487-8650. For all other areas of the city, call 3-1-1.
- Neighborhood issues, 360-487-8604 or email@example.com
- Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program, TrafficCalmingProgram@cityofvancouver.us
- City Council, contact city council