Report a Concern

We encourage you to report concerns that may need to be fixed or addressed by the City. There are many ways you can report issues in the community.

MyVancouver App

Use your phone to easily report issues using the MyVancouver mobile app. You can report common concerns and access other information such as:

You can also report issues using the code, parking, police employee and traffic concern tabs. We’re always glad help, but not all concerns and issues are managed by the City. Even with a Vancouver mailing address, you may not live inside the city limits. Use the Do I Live in Vancouver map to find out if your issue can be solved by the City.

Public Works Service Request

Vancouver Public Works crews are here to help. We’ve created the online form below to make it easy to report problems and request help for many Operations and Maintenance services in the City of Vancouver. Just review the list of frequently requested services below, click on the one that best fits your concern, and fill in the needed information. 

  • Some issues–potholes, graffiti, street light outages and sign damage–now can also be reported using the new MyVancouver app. Use or learn about downloading the free MyVancouver app.
  • Service requests submitted through the MyVancouver app and online form below are not monitored 24/7. Our goal is to contact you within one business day of your initial request.

Urgent Issue? Please Call.

  • If you are reporting an urgent issue–such as a public water line break, sewer backup, stormwater flooding or traffic signal outage–call 360-487-8177. During regular office hours, push ‘0’ to reach a customer service representative. 
  • For urgent issues after hours or on a holiday, follow the prompts to reach our answering service. To report a life-threatening emergency, call 911 immediately.
  • If you are unsure whether the location is within the City of Vancouver, please check using this handy mapping tool.
  • If you are calling about a downed power line, please contact to Clark Public Utilities at 360-992-8000 or 360-992-3000.
  • Please provide details, including address or nearest intersection, problem description and asset tag numbers on street light poles. Your email address will be used only to verify the request and/or get further information to resolve your request. A phone number is also helpful, but not required.

Service request for Public Works

Street address, or nearest intersection, or other landmark
Drop files here or
Accepted file types: jpg, Max. file size: 100 MB, Max. files: 5.
    Code Concern

    Even if you have a Vancouver mailing address, you may not live inside the city limits. You may only file a complaint with this form if the location is within the City of Vancouver. Use this interactive map to find out if you are within the city limits.

    All complaints regarding vehicles or trailers on a public City street must be reported to 311.

    File a Code Compliance Concern

    Address of Concern(Required)
    House number – (please include NE, SE, N, S, E, W) Street/Ave/Blvd

    Vancouver Municipal Code

    View the Vancouver Municipal Code (opens in a new tab).

    Drop files here or
    Accepted file types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, Max. file size: 2 MB.

      Please Note

      While your submitted photos may be useful to the investigating code compliance officer, they may not be admissible for any action that may result from the investigation. Additional photos taken by the officer may be required for that purpose.
      Your Name(Required)
      Your Address
      Note: The City of Vancouver may be required to release your name and/or information submitted in a complaint pursuant to Public Disclosure (RCW 42.56) and/or pursuant to court order. The submittal of the public service request is subject to public disclosure according to the public records act (RCW 42.56). This means that anyone can request the release of documents containing your name and contact information. However, information revealing the identity of persons who are witnesses to crimes or who file complaints with investigative agencies can be withheld from disclosure if you believe the disclosure would endanger your life, physical safety or property pursuant to RCW 42.56.240. If we are unable to verify an address or violation we will contact you for further details. If you do not leave a name and a way to contact you for clarification, we will be unable to follow up on your complaint. Inaccurate or incomplete information submitted will delay or prevent further processing. Please note: The violation must be visible from the public right of way; or you must indicate that you would like us to contact you for permission to view the site from your property. Thank you for your interest in supporting the livability of our neighborhoods. These complaints are addressed daily and a code enforcement officer will conduct an initial inspection within 3-5 working days. If this complaint is handled by another city department, we will forward your concern to the appropriate department.
      Parking Concern

      Due to limited staffing, and the need for staff to prioritize other calls for service, our personnel address hazardous parking situations first before responding to non-hazards. We thank you for your patience.

      To report downtown and uptown parking complaints (Esther Short, Arnada and Hough neighborhoods) you will need to contact Parking Services at 360-487-8650 or

      Parking Concern Form

      Street address or location (one vehicle per complaint form)(Required)
      If you have a complete street address, please enter that. If not, enter the nearest intersection and location of the vehicle. Please enter only one vehicle per form.
      Nature of the Complaint

      If you do not see the subject of your complaint listed, please give a brief description of your concern in the field below.

      If you have photos of the alleged violation you can include them with this form.

      Drop files here or
      Accepted file types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, Max. file size: 10 MB, Max. files: 2.

        Your Information

        First Name
        Your Address(Required)
        Do you want the personal information you have provided to remain confidential?(Required)
        Traffic Concern

        To report a traffic concern to the Vancouver Police Department, please complete and submit this online form. This form is only for traffic safety concerns occurring on city streets.

        Do not use this form to report collisions, parking concerns, abandoned vehicles or criminal activity. Please call 311 or 911 to report incidents that require more immediate attention.

        • All concerns submitted through this form are entered into a database that is monitored by members of the Vancouver Police Department’s Traffic Unit.
        • Each Traffic Unit team member is assigned a specific area of the city (District 1, District 2, District 3, District 4, and Commercial Vehicles) and will address the concerns in their area.
        • Please be specific when describing the location, time frame and what is occurring, as this will assist the Traffic Unit officer in properly addressing your concern.
        • If you want to be contacted about your concern by the assigned officer, please indicate that on the form and fill in the appropriate fields. Due to varying schedules and workload, it may be several days before you are contacted.
        • You may also consider becoming a project champion for your street and applying for competitive funding through Vancouver’s Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program.

        Traffic Concern Form

        Would you like us to contact you about this complaint?(Required)
        Your Name(Required)
        Please describe the location where this incident took place (street address, nearest cross streets or landmarks, etc.). Please be as specific as possible.
        Please describe the time frame during which you witnessed the incident. Does it happen during particular times of the day, on certain days of the week or times of the year? Please be specific.

        I want to get more information