Crime Reporting

If you need to report a crime in progress, or you have an emergency, call 9-1-1. The non-emergency number for Clark County is 3-1-1. If you are calling from outside Clark County, the non-emergency number is (360) 693-3111.

Citizens may also utilize the Vancouver Police Department Telephone or Online reporting systems to report certain crimes. If you answer "NO" to all of the following questions, your report may be made by using either of these systems:

  • Was the incident outside the Vancouver city limits? Check the location online.
  • Do you know the suspect(s) or where to find them?
  • Do you have the license plate number of the suspect vehicle?
  • Did the incident occur on a state freeway, highway or route?
  • Were firearms involved, used by a suspect or taken in a theft?
  • Is this a theft of a motor vehicle or licensed trailer?
  • Is there evidence that needs to be submitted?
  • Is this a traffic accident? If yes, please complete a Washington Vehicle Collision Report.

Telephone Reports

Citizens may make a telephone report Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. (excluding holidays) by calling (360) 487-7355. Telephone reports may only be taken for crimes with NO SUSPECT INFORMATION. If the crime you are reporting has suspect information call 3-1-1 or 9-1-1, depending on the level of emergency. 

Online Reporting

If you answered “no” to all of the questions above, and the type of incident is listed below, you may file a report online 24 hours a day. Be sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software and choose the link you need.

Please do not try to use the online reporting system for crimes that are not listed. If you do, your report will be rejected, and you will be asked to call for a police officer to respond. This will delay the reporting process. 

After you submit an online report:

  • A confirmation message stating, "Your online police report has been submitted" will appear.
  • You will also receive a report number.
  • You will be able to print a copy of the report for your records.
  • If further investigation is needed, you may be contacted by a police officer.

Filing a False Police Report is a Crime

A person who knowingly makes a false or misleading material statement to a public servant is guilty of a gross misdemeanor. "Material statement" means a written or oral statement reasonably likely to be relied upon by a public servant in the discharge of his or her official powers or duties. (RCW 9A.76.175)