Residential streets in the City of Vancouver are swept approximately every eight or nine weeks, except during severe weather.
Street sweeping helps keep sediment, leaves and other debris and pollutants out of the stormwater system, which generally flow to our creeks and rivers. And it helps prevents localized street flooding due clogged drainage catchbasins.
Street sweeping is a service of the Public Works' Operations Center Stormwater team, protecting our community's water resources and increasing the livability of our city.
Street sweeping schedules are posted here and on the Vancouver Public Works Facebook Page. For easy updates, like our page!
Week of November 23, 2015
- West Vancouver Neighborhoods: Hough, Shumway.
- East Vancouver Neighborhoods: Burnt Bridge Creek.
Week of November 30, 2015
- West Vancouver Neighborhoods: Arnada, Rose Village, Central Park.
- East Vancouver Neighborhoods: Pioneer Meadows, Parkway East, Burton Evergreen.
Week of December 7, 2015
- West Vancouver Neighborhoods: West Minnehaha, Fourth Plain Village, Bagley Downs, Meadow Homes.
- East Vancouver Neighborhoods: Airport Green, First Place, Hearthwood, North Hearthwood.