Fences, Decks, and Sheds
Depending on the scope of work, please keep in mind that the following items may be subject to review:
- Setbacks to property line
- Height restrictions
- Building code requirements
Are you building a fence, deck or shed?
If you are building a shed (120 sq. ft. or less), a deck (18″ or less above grade), or a fence (6’ or less in height) outside of an environmentally sensitive area, then a permit is not required, otherwise it may be subject to a Critical Area Review.
However, all construction must be in compliance with City building and zoning codes. If you have questions regarding code requirements, please email email@example.com.
Are you adding a detached building, including a shop, garage or shed over 120 sq. ft.?
You will need to submit the following items when applying for a residential building permit:
- Completed Residential Addition/Alteration permit application
- The name and phone number of a licensed contractor, if the homeowner is not doing the work
- Plan review fee
- Remodel- based on valuation, including labor and materials
- Addition- based on amount of square footage being added
- Site plan, drawn to scale, indicating size and location of existing and proposed structures and identifying location of septic system (if applicable)
- Detailed construction drawings to scale (1/4″ = 1’)