Tax and Franchise Information
Most city taxes are not paid directly by the consumer; they are company taxes.
For a complete description see the Vancouver Municipal Code (VMC).
- Business & Occupation (B&O) tax: None. Vancouver eliminated its B&O tax as of January 1, 2002.
- Cable Television: Franchise fee required. This is not a tax.
- Gambling: Tax required
- Bingo, Raffles and Amusement Games: Tax required
- Punchboards & Pull-tabs: Tax required
- Telephone Business for Hire: License and tax required
- Natural Gas Companies: License and tax required
- Water-Sewer Department Gross Receipts Tax: Tax required
- Electricity Tax: Tax required
- Sales and Use Tax: Tax required
- Lodging Tax: Tax required