2023 GHG Inventory
As part of the City’s Climate Program, we regularly update our greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory every four years to track progress toward the following goals:
- 80% reduction in GHG emissions by municipal operations by 2025.
- 80% reduction in GHG emissions by the Vancouver community by 2030.
- Carbon neutrality by both municipal operations and the Vancouver community by 2040.
Community partners like Clark Public Utilities, Northwest Natural, C-TRAN, and Port of Vancouver, as well as teams throughout the City play a critical role in our ability to conduct a comprehensive and accurate GHG inventory. The information you provide helps us track progress toward our climate goals, adapt our strategies, and provide transparency to the community about local climate action.
For the 2023 update, we are using Microsoft Forms to collect emissions data as well as feedback on the inventory process. We have streamlined what data are being requested based on what was collected in 2019. Please complete as much of the relevant form as possible. We appreciate your partnership in this effort. For questions on the City of Vancouver’s GHG Inventory, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request Forms (please complete by March 8)
External Partner Data Requests:
- Community and Municipal Electricity Usage
- Community and Municipal Natural Gas Usage
- Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT)
- Public Transit