2022-2031 Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Comprehensive Plan
Parks, recreation, trails, natural areas and public spaces for arts and culture are vital to the quality of life in our community. The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Comprehensive Plan is the primary framework for developing and managing park facilities and programs in the City of Vancouver. It provides a 10-year work plan and helps guide decision-making about for park, facility and program development, as well as land acquisition.
The Comprehensive Plan is a reflection of the community’s long-term goals and priorities for their city park system and recreation programs. The theme of Essential Spaces was selected for the comprehensive plan update to reflect the important role parks, recreation, trails, natural areas and public arts and cultural spaces play in the physical, mental and economic health of the community. These Essential Spaces have significant impact on the health, vitality and prosperity of cities.
Comprehensive Plan Documents
- Full Comprehensive Plan with Appendices and Maps
- Click the “Contents” icon in the upper left corner of your browser window to open the Table of Contents as a side bar as you read the Comprehensive Plan.
- You can also click on the chapter title in the report’s Table of Contents to jump to the corresponding section of the Comprehensive Plan.
- Comprehensive Plan Appendices Only
- Click on the chapter title in the Appendices’ Table of Contents to jump to the corresponding appendix.
- Comprehensive Plan Maps Only
- Comprehensive Plan Adopting Ordinance
For more information contact: