Skip to main content

Picnic Shelter Reservations

Picnic shelter reservations for events taking place between May 1 and September 30, 2024 will begin at 9 a.m. on February 7.

Vancouver Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services maintains four covered picnic shelters that can be reserved for events taking place May 1 – Sept. 30:

Reservation guidelines:

  • All picnic shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge, Oct. 1 through April 30. 
  • The reservation fee gives you access for the full day.
    • LeRoy Haagen Park – Resident $85/Non-Resident $95
    • Fisher Basin Park – Resident $85/Non-Resident $95
    • Marshall Park – Resident $85/Non-Resident $95
    • Marine Park – Resident $75/Non-Resident $85
  • Picnic shelters must be reserved at least seven days before the event date.
  • When not reserved, shelters are available for free on a first-come, first-served basis year-round.

Picnic shelters at David Douglas Park and Leverich Park are available for general public use free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis, unless reserved for an event. Reservations are only required if use of the shelter is part of a permitted event. A Park Use Permit is required to hold an event at one of these parks.

Make a Reservation

Picnic shelter can be reservations can be made online, or by phone and in-person at Firstenburg and Marshall community centers for events taking place between May 1 and September 30, 2024 will begin at 9 a.m. on February 7.

  • Firstenburg Community Center | 360-487-7001 | 700 NE 136th Ave.
  • Marshall Community Center | 360-487-7100 | 1009 E. McLoughlin Blvd.

Park Use Permits

A Park Use Permit gives you permission to bring special items and equipment into the park and describes any approved special services or park staff assistance. 

Park Use Permit applications must be submitted 30 days prior to your event date. Please note that requests made less than 30 days prior to the event date may not be accepted or may be subject to a $100 late fee. 

Park Use Permits will not be issued for the remainder of 2024 unless accompanying a picnic shelter reservation at Leroy Haagen, Fisher Basin or Marine Parks and within the 30-day permitting window.

Park Use Permits will not be issued for Marshall Park in 2024 due to restroom construction. 

Types of activities that require a Park Use Permit include but are not limited to:

  • Inflatable bounce house(s)
  • Pop-up tents or extra tables/chairs
  • A wedding
  • Amplified music or a loudspeaker
  • A public event such as a sporting event, charity activity, festival or concert
  • Commercial photo shoot or filming

Any event exceeding the shelter capacity and/or extending beyond the boundaries of the shelter must complete the Special Event Interest Form. For more information about holding permitted events in the parks, email the Parks Permitting Team

For information about permitted events in the parks, contact the Parks Permitting Team at 360-487-8304 or

Cancellation Policy

Picnic shelter reservations and Park Use Permits canceled one month or more before the rental date will be refunded 100 percent of the fee, minus a $10 processing fee. Reservations canceled 1 to 4 weeks before the rental date, will be refunded 75 percent of the fee, minus a $10 processing fee. No refunds will be granted if the reservation is canceled less than one week before the rental date.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find out if an event is already scheduled at a park with a non-reservable picnic shelter?

Contact Marshall Community Center at 360-487-7100 or Firstenburg Community Center at 360-487-7001 to find out about events taking place in our parks.

What is included with a picnic shelter reservation?

Reservations include use of all picnic tables located within the shelter and electricity (there is no electricity at Marine Park). Playground amenities and restrooms will be shared with the public.

Can I bring a bounce house to my reservation?

Yes, with a Park Use Permit. A shelter reservation is also required if at Marshall, LeRoy Haagen, Marine or Fisher Basin Parks. A certificate of insurance is required and an attendant from the bounce house company must be on site to operate the inflatable for the duration of the rental. The bounce house vendor must be listed on the Certified Amusement Ride Operators for the State of Washington’s Labor and Industries

Can I hold a sporting event or tournament at a park?

Yes, with a Park Use Permit.

Can I use additional park space, outside the picnic shelter for my event?

Yes, with a Park Use Permit.

Can I have amplified sound at the park during my event?

Live bands, DJs and significant amplified speakers are allowed with a Park Use Permit. Use of small Bluetooth speakers does not require a permit.

Are BBQs allowed at the park?

Yes, gas grills are preferred. Grills need to be used a safe distance away from any structures, trees and grass.

Is alcohol allowed at the park?

Alcohol consumption or possession is not allowed at most parks, unless it is specified in a Park Use Permit. Some events, when properly staffed and permitted through the Liquor Control Board, may be allowed to serve alcohol within a park.

How far in advance should I apply for a Park Use Permit?

Applications must be received at least 30 days before your event. Applications received less than 30 days prior to your event may not be accepted or are subject to a $100 late application fee. 

Reduce Waste with Waste Connections

Waste Connections offers tips and tools to reduce waste at Clark County events of all sizes. They have a lending library of items available for checkout including:

  • Garbage receptacles and bags
  • Recycling receptacles and bags
  • Food waste containers (for compost)
  • Reusable tableware sets

Clark County Picnic Shelters

Clark County maintains several picnic shelters at Captain William Clark Regional Park, Frenchman’s Bar Regional Park, Lewisville Regional Park, Salmon Creek Regional Park, Pacific Community Park and Vancouver Lake Regional Park.