Thank you for your interest in a school field trip to Vancouver’s Water Resources Education Center. We will begin accepting first come, first served field trip reservation requests for the 2023-24 school year on Tuesday, Aug. 22. Our fall season will begin on October 17.
- Grade 1: Bugs, Bugs, Bugs
- Grade 2: Tree’s Needs
- Grades 3-4: Macroinvertebrate Investigations
- Grades 5-8: Columbia River Water Quality Monitoring
- Grades 6-12: Down the Drain – Tour a Wastewater Treatment Plant
Planning Your Visit
As you consider planning a field trip to the Water Center, please note the following:
- Programs are free of charge and scheduled first come, first served.
- Programs are available mornings on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Available start times are 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. If you need an alternate start time, please let us know.
- We can accommodate a maximum of 2 classes/day (with the same start time).
- Program durations vary. See Field Trip Program Descriptions (below). For most programs, add an additional 60 minutes if you would like time to explore the exhibit hall (30 minutes) and have lunch (30 minutes) at our outdoor picnic tables (covered, but not enclosed from the weather). Alternatively, Marine Park has a playground and covered picnic area and is a two minute drive or 10 minute walk down the road if that’s preferred. Restrooms at Marine Park are open April-October.
- Chaperone to Student Ratios:
- Kindergarten to Grade 5: 1 adult per 5 students
- Grades 6-8: 1 adult to 10 students
- Grades 9-12: 1 adult to 15 students
Scheduling a Field Trip
To schedule a field trip, please send an email with the following information to:
Suzanne Hebert, Water Resources Educator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field Trip organizer name
- Field Trip organizer email
- Field Trip organizer phone
- Name of school
- Address of school
- Grade level(s) of students
- Which program are you interested in? (See Field Trip Program Descriptions below)
- How many classes of students are you scheduling for? (Note that we can accommodate a maximum of 2 classes/day. If you have more than 2 classes of students, we will need to schedule you for more than one day of field trips.)
Field Trip Program Descriptions
Water Workshop for Educators
Currently, there are no educator workshops scheduled, but please check back for updates. If you would like to be notified about future workshops and educational opportunities, please sign up for our educator mailing list.