Residential streets in the City of Vancouver are swept approximately every nine weeks, except during severe weather. Street sweeping is a service of Vancouver Public Works’ Operations Stormwater team.
Neighborhood street sweeping schedules are posted directly below by neighborhood. A weekly schedule is also posted on the Vancouver Public Works Facebook Page each Sunday afternoon and through the Office of Neighborhood’s weekly email on NextDoor. Please ‘like’ our Facebook page to get updates automatically each week.
Neighborhood Sweeping Schedule
Week of Nov. 20
- West Vancouver: West Minnehaha
- East Vancouver: Crews are catching up on sweeping throughout Vancouver, including arterial streets.
Week of Nov. 27
- West Vancouver: Bagley Downs, Fourth Plain Village, Meadow Homes
- East Vancouver: Airport Green, First Place, Hearthwood, North Hearthwood
Week of Dec. 4
- West Vancouver: Harney Heights, Maplewood
- East Vancouver: Countryside Woods
- Do not rake or blow leaves, tree limbs or other debris into streets.
- Please be aware that severe weather conditions may affect and alter posted schedules. This includes freezing temperatures, as well as snow and ice.
- Even when vehicles are parked along curbs in neighborhoods, sweepers can still remove substantial sediment and debris, making streets safer for bicyclists and other modes of travel, and helping to prevent pollution of our waterways.
- Due to its proximity with Esther Short Park and major public spaces, Esther Short Neighborhood and the core downtown Vancouver area is swept every Tuesday night, approximately 8:30 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Street Sweeping Helps our Waterways
Street sweeping helps keep sediment, leaves and other debris and pollutants out of the stormwater system, which generally flow to our creeks and rivers. And it helps prevents localized street flooding due clogged drainage catch basins. You can help protect water quality and improve our community by keeping streets free of litter and debris.
Past Weeks Sweeping Schedule
Here are neighborhoods that have been swept during the past few weeks:
Week of Nov. 13
- West Vancouver: Arnada, Rose Village, Central Park, Hudson’s Bay
- East Vancouver: Northeast Fourth Plain, Pioneer Meadows, Burnt Bridge Creek
Week of Nov. 6
- West Vancouver: Carter Park, Hough, Shumway
- East Vancouver: Fircrest, Landover-Sharmel, Parkside, Parkway East, Burton Evergreen, Cimarron
Week of Oct. 30
- West Vancouver: Fruit Valley, Northwest, Lincoln
- East Vancouver: Kevanna Park, Image, North Image