U Visa and T Visa Applications

The federal government has created two visa programs for which victims of human trafficking (T Visa), or other certain crimes (U Visa) may qualify if they have been helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the investigation and prosecution of criminal activity. 

U Nonimmigrant Eligibility

You may be eligible for a U nonimmigrant visa if:

Applying for U Nonimmigrant Status (U Visa)

For assistance with the U-Visa or T-Visa application process, contact the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project.

To petition for law enforcement certification from the Vancouver Police Department for a U nonimmigrant status, submit:

Please submit applications to the following address:

Vancouver Police Department
Attn: U Visa
PO Box 1995
Vancouver, WA 98668

If you are facing imminent deportation, please inform us of this fact when you send in the application and provide enough detail that we can verify the need for immediate action.

Victims of Human Trafficking: T Nonimmigrant Status

The T non-immigrant status (T visa) is a temporary immigration benefit that enables certain victims of a severe form of human trafficking to remain in the United States for up to four years if they have assisted law enforcement in an investigation or prosecution of human trafficking. For more information on T Visas please visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Additional information for immigrant victims of crime can be found at the Washington State Department of Commerce, Office of Crime Victim Advocacy website.