What is the Pre-Lease Program?
The Pre-Lease program is a resource for business owners who want to lease or buy commercial space, property owners wanting to renovate/redevelop commercial space, and for food truck vendors locating in the City of Vancouver. Staff from relevant city departments will meet with you in the new space, conduct a walk through, and provide comments and answer questions. The focus area for this program are the City Center and Fourth Plain Corridor Subareas.
Who should take advantage of the Pre-Lease Program
- Any business owner looking to start a new business or re-locate an existing business.
- Any property owner looking to renovate/redevelop commercial space.
*We recommend you schedule a meeting before signing a lease or purchasing property.
Who attends a Pre-Lease meeting?
- The business/property owner and any partners they would like to attend with them, including the property owner, realtors, and contractors or architects.
- City Staff from various departments, including the Fire Marshal’s Office, Land Use Planning, Transportation, Engineering, Building, Economic Development and Parking.
- Staff from other partner agencies, including Clark County Public Health and the Washington State Liquor Control Board.
What will I learn at a Pre-Lease meeting?
- The types of businesses that are allowed in the space, based on the zoning.
- The current occupancy classification of the building and what will be required for your business use.
- The permitting process for any proposed changes to the building.
- Ensure that the building and site are safe and suitable for your business.
- Contact information for staff in the relevant City Departments.
What is the fee for conducting a Pre-Lease meeting?
There is no fee. This is a free service the City provides to help support small businesses locating in the City of Vancouver.