The City of Vancouver recognizes the importance of housing to fostering a healthy and livable community. We are committed to promoting safe, affordable housing and reducing homelessness through the City’s funding, partnership, and policy efforts.
The City of Vancouver does not administer rental assistance directly. If you are seeking rental assistance, please reach out to the City of Vancouver’s partners:
- Vancouver Housing Authority, Clark County’s largest provider of subsidized housing and rental assistance. Visit the VHA website or call 360-694-2501.
- Housing Solutions Center, a one-stop entry point for programs in Clark County serving people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Visit the HSC website or call the Housing Hotline at 360-695-9677.
If you are looking for assistance with homeownership, please reach out to:
- Proud Ground
- Clark County Affordable Homeownership Program
- Evergreen Habitat for Humanity
- Housing Rehabilitation Program
Housing Programs for Developers and Partners
- Affordable Housing Fund
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program
- Multi-Family Tax Exemption Program
- Impact Fee Waivers (See section 20.915.080 B)
Landlord Tenant Resources
- Washington State Landlord Damage Relief Program
- Washington Tenant Rights Information
- Fair Housing Center of Washington
Share Vancouver is offering Rent Well Classes, a 15-hour tenant education available in WA through in-person and Zoom. The Rent Well curriculum teaches you about your rights and responsibilities as a renter. In Clark County, Rent Well is paired with a $1,000 financial incentive through SHARE that encourages landlords to rent to eligible graduates. For more information, or to sign up for classes, please contact email@example.com and visit the Rent Well webpage.
- Monday Classes: 6 pm-8 :30 pm on April 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th and May 6th
- Wednesday Classes: 9:30 am-12 pm on April 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, May 1st and 8th
- Friday Classes: 10 am-12:30 pm on April 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, May 3rd and 10th