Everyone is encouraged to learn and practice the basics of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, or CPR. Almost anyone can help save a life using the latest CPR techniques, with no formal classroom training or certification required.
Did You Know?
- CPR helps maintain vital blood flow to the heart and brain until advanced care arrives.
- Effective bystander CPR, provided immediately, can double the chance of survival.
- Death from sudden cardiac arrest can be averted if CPR is provided within the first five minutes of an attack.
Hands-Only CPR Kits
Hands-Only CPR is so easy that almost anyone can do it! This CPR method eliminates the need for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation – one of the reasons some people avoid learning or performing CPR.
To help increase the number of people trained in Hands-Only CPR, the VFD provides “Do It Yourself” training kits. Each kit contains an instructional video, two mannequins for practice and answers to common questions.
The kits can be borrowed from the VFD by neighborhood associations, businesses, church groups and families wishing to learn this lifesaving skill.
Get CPR Trained and Certified
First aid and CPR classes for emergency responders, healthcare workers and the general public.
CPR, AED and first aid classes for professionals and the public.
American Red Cross of Southwest Washington Region
3114 E. 4th Plain Blvd., Vancouver, WA 98661
Online and in-person CPR courses for professionals and the public.
- The “Pocket First Aid and CPR” and “PulsePoint” smart phone apps are now available for the Apple iPhone and the Google Android
- Vídeo instructivo de RCP usando sólo las manos de 2012 de la American Heart Association
- If an AED (automated external defibrillator) is available, have it brought to you. It will walk you through the process. Watch a video to see how simple it is to use.