Volunteers are vital to the success of our community. Ongoing or one time opportunities with the City of Vancouver can accommodate individuals, families, groups, businesses and people of all ages and abilities.
Check out the Volunteer Calendar for upcoming events.
Save the date!
- February 3: Volunteer Appreciation Open House
- February 3: Father Daughter Valentines Ball
- February 4: Father Daughter Valentines Ball
Seasonal and Holiday Opportunities in our Community
Although volunteer opportunities with the city are slightly limited in the winter months, various local non-profit organizations greatly need community support. Check out a list of agencies here.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Join us for regularly scheduled work parties throughout the City.
- Blandford Canyon Ivy Pull Events - various
- Burnt Bridge Creek - various
- Countryside Park Work Parties - various
- Father Blanchet Park - various
- Firstenburg Community Center Campus Work Parties - various
- Hearthwood Park - 2nd Saturdays
- Heritage Park - 3rd Saturdays
- Kevanna Park - various
- LeRoy Haagen Park - 4th Saturdays
- Old City Cemetery - various
- SMART (Speed Monitor Awareness Radar Trailer) - Mondays or Fridays
- Sound Wall Action Team (W. Mill Plain Blvd) - Mondays
- Vancouver VolunTEEN - Thursdays throughout the month
City of Vancouver Volunteer Websites
Each department utilizes volunteers in different capacities. Check out which one is right for you.
- Boards and Commissions
- Fire Department
- Neighborhood Associations
- Parks Department Volunteers
- Police Department
- Recreation Department Volunteers
- Urban Forestry
- Volunteer Ambassadors for City Events
- Water Resources Education Center
- Water Resources Protection
Don't see something for you? Look at this list of other local organizations that offer volunteer opportunities.
Apply as a volunteer today!
If you know which volunteer opportunity best fits you and you are ready to make the commitment, please complete the online volunteer application. We receive many applications each week and make every attempt to contact you within two weeks of your application. If you have questions about the status of your application call 360-487-8344 or email email@example.com.
Need more information?
Not quite sure which opportunity fits you best? Please complete the volunteer inquiry form and we will send you a detailed email with current volunteer opportunities that match your interests and skills. Volunteers may be asked to complete a full volunteer application once they have been accepted into a volunteer program.
Visit the Volunteer Information Center (VIC) to sign up for volunteer opportunities and log service hours.
Volunteer Project Forms
Read Our Newsletter
Volunteer Success Stories!
In 2014, volunteers throughout the City spent over 63,500 hours to help foster a healthy and vibrant community. The service of an estimated 4,700 volunteers was equivalent to a donation of $1,466,800.
The community of Vancouver is stronger, smarter, cleaner and safer due to the hard work of engaged and involved volunteers. Click here to read the entire 2014 Volunteer Report.
Our Volunteer Beliefs
Our community is strengthened by individuals who act on their commitment to help others,
Volunteering improves citizens’ accessibility to government,
Service is an effective strategy for solving problems,
Opportunities for all, young to elderly, fosters a sense of community where everyone is valued and welcomed,
Volunteers strengthen our community, increase government effectiveness and create benefits for citizens, including being more informed, engaged, and feeling valued and appreciated.